Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Update!

Matisa (good morning in Afrikaans) Aloha everyone! Oh I miss you all and love you! And I am so glad to be sharing this journey with all of you! I hope you all have been receiving my emails and pictures! These children and staff are such a joy and truly amazing! The kids here amaze me with their capacity to love and be loved! They teach me a great deal every day! This last week I taught the preschool training for a day and a couple of the preschool classes! I lead worship with the kids and am teaching the preschool a bunch of new songs! It is so awesome to know that I am being used here and that I am helping; even if it's in a small way! This last week I got pretty sick with a cold/flu and had to stay home friday... but have been sleeping a lot and hope to be better this week! This last week also got a lot warmer so it was nice to walk around in a t-shirt during the day!

my favorite barber shop here!

the view of the dam on base... one of our favorite places to be alone with God

Tinzino and me...

some of the young boys of youth!

playing a game with the youth!

anyway...hope that shows a little of what i am doing here.. upcoming... next weekend we are heading to a village about an hour or so from here to do a camp with about 100 youth/teenagers! it will be a 3 day camp and I am super excited! we have a whole dutch team or 18 people helping and it will be so great! I will definitely fill you in on it when i get back... full of pictures and all! please pray for health...as it will be much colder than it is here! and just safety! also... i am going to a village in a couple weeks with one of my friends here... she has welcomed me into her home so I will be staying with her and her family! exciting! gonna go fetch water and everything! and we are also looking into going sandboarding... it is about 20-30 us dollars to go... and the highest dunes in the world are here! :) crazy! please also keep zimbabwe and south africa in your prayers... plenty have been killed and go hungry and homeless... xenophobia is terrible and they are in desperate need of assistance to get their lives back together... love you all and miss you much!

ruth

No comments: